Safari of Lights - 2012
On the grounds of the Zoo of Acadiana | Title Sponsored by Superior Energy Services, Inc.
What is Safari of Lights?
- A special event when the Zoo* is open during the evenings for the holiday season
- The Zoo will be aglow with thousands of twinkling lights
- Guests will view over 30 larger-than-life, still and animated, beautifully lighted displays
- A perfect opportunity for family and friends to enjoy the holidays
Admission Prices for Safari of Lights
- $6.00 at the door ($5.00 in advance: before 4:00pm daily) for all guests older than 2 years
Dates & Times
- Nov. 23rd & 24th; and Nov. 30th through Dec. 30th
- 5pm to 9pm on the dates above
- Safari of Lights will not be open on Christmas Eve (Dec. 24) and Christmas Day (Dec. 25)
- The Zoo will close at 12 noon on Christmas Eve (Dec. 24); the Zoo will be closed Christmas Day (Dec. 25)
Santa Clause Schedule
- Santa will be visiting on certain dates to be announced (during the Safari of Lights event)
- Guests can enjoy tasty treats from the Elves' Eatery, such as hot cocoa!
- Guests can ride the North Pole Express ($2.00 per person ages 3 years and up)
Exclusive Members' Preview Party
- This is a "members only" event for Zoo of Acadiana Members to preview the Safari of Lights
Breakfast with Santa
- Saturday, Dec. 8, 2012; 8:30am to 11:30am
- Enjoy Ricky Meche's Donuts and Borden's Milk & Juice Products with Santa!
- Santa will be there to get your wish list!
- Photo opportunities with Santa will be available.
- Regular zoo admission applies for all guests to this event (ZOA Members get half off admission).
Santa Clause/Coca-Cola 18 Wheeler Truck
- This musical, lighted and decorated truck will be at the Zoo from 5:30pm to 8:30pm with Santa on his sleigh!
- Zoo memberships, gift cards, animal adoptions, and advance tickets to Safari of Lights make GREAT gifts for co-workers, family members, and friends.
"HAVE A WILD HOLIDAY!"
* Though the Zoo is open, not all animals will be visible because it is night and some animals are up for the night.
Photos on this page were submitted by private individuals and these photos remain the property of their respective owners.
We sincerely thank and appreciate our sponsors that help to make the Safari of Lights possible:
Superior Energy Services, Inc.
Gulf Coast Bank
Cullen Investment Group
Thomas J. Montgomery, MD
Beta Land Services, LLC
Cetco Oilfield Services