The Zoo is right for you!
The Zoo is your #1 field trip destination! We offer packages designed with you in mind to make it as easy as possible for you and your group to have a first-class experience here. We mix strong educational components with loads of fun and excitement to ensure your group leaves smarter and with a smile! Our goals are to make YOU happy and to give your group the WILDEST field trip available.
TEACHERS, EDUCATORS, & GROUP LEADERS, we have bundled the Zoo to make it easier for you! We now offer three easy to use, easy to understand, and easy to enjoy field trip packages (full details, including requirements, follow below):
(Groups of 10-20 get 1 teacher in for free, groups of 20 or more get 1 teacher in for free for every 20 paying students; Pre-K classes get 1 free teacher passport for every 10 student passports)
For your convenience, please use the green and yellow menu on the top right:
- Packages: Includes full details on our three packages, above.
- Easy Downloads: Has 2 printer-friendly sheets: 1) Field Trip Information Sheet (with full details on our packages), and 2) Field Trip Reservation Form (to book, you can print and fax in this sheet, or book online here). This page also has our full-color, official field trip brochure.
- Things to Do: Highlights all of the fun activities and amenities the Zoo has to offer to help you decide which package is best for your group.
- Schedule Now: Allows you to schedule your field trip with us. Once you recieve a Confirmation Sheet from us, your booking will be complete!
- GLE Information: Lists which GLE's (Grade Level Expectations) or benchmarks we believe can be enhanced or accomplished through a field trip to the Zoo!
- Requirements: Explains and defines which group visits we recognize as field trips (only these groups are eligible for these packages); also specifies what each group must do to ensure quick check-in and hassle-free visit.
Plan on at least 3½ hours to enjoy the entire Zoo – this includes a train ride, an animal show, and time for lunch. Don’t’ forget to visit the Zoovenir Shop on your way out!
Save time and have your final count and payment ready when you arrive at the Zoo – it’s that easy!
Teachers! You’ll be entered for a chance to win BIG!
For every 20 students you book for a field trip, your name (yes, you personally!) will be entered for a chance to win one of several grand prizes! We appreciate you choosing the Zoo. Drawings will take place annually at the end of May, and winners will be contacted by the Zoo.
Requirements and Qualifications
To qualify for our field trip packages, your group must:
- Have 10 or more paying individuals
- Enter the Zoo together and be paid for in one transaction (this includes all teachers, chaperones, students, and other guests); one payment can cover admission and any extra amenities for everyone
- Submit the reservation at least 14 days in advance
- Have at least 1 chaperone for every 10 children
- Anyone paying individually or arriving late or separately will pay the Zoo’s normal prices
In order for us to continue to offer a wonderful experience for you and your group, please understand the following: we guarantee to provide everything our field trip packages offer (weather permitting); therefore, refunds will not be issued. In the event of inclement weather, we will be happy to assist you in rescheduling your field trip for another date (this decision will need to be made before your group enters the Zoo). Additionally, membership benefits or coupons cannot be applied to field trip packages.
For your convenience and pleasure, we are limiting the number of field trip bookings for each particular day, so book yours soon!
Schedule Your Field Trip!
To book your group’s field trip, simply fill out a Reservation Form and submit it to the Zoo, or book online – it’s that easy! Forms can be submitted through fax, mail, or over the phone. All groups must make reservations at least 14 days in advance to be eligible for our field trip packages. Please bring your Confirmation Sheet (sent to you from Zoo) with you on the date of your field trip. Please note, your field trip reservation is not complete until you receive the Confirmation Sheet from the Zoo. The Zoo’s hours are 9am to 5pm, daily.
All field trip information, including, but not limited to, information, prices, and details listed on this website, downloadable forms and files, and elsewhere, may be subjected to changes without notice.